Preparation; clothing & Equipment
Please see below some tips and guides to make sure you ski safely and attend your lesson well equipped. The ski rental shops can help you when you rent your equipment.
Ensure you have the correct clothing and equipment and turn up to your lesson with a lift pass (unless a beginner) and your lesson card from the ESF.
- Take the Carré Neige insurance in case of an accident. Even the most experienced of skiers can have an accident.
- Check the weather forecast and information about the various ski slopes (opening and closing times, etc.)
- Have a piste map of the resort,
- Stay hydrated and eat a balanced diet to sustain efforts in altitude, sun and cold,
- Put on sunscreen to protect against UV rays
- Equip yourself with the correct equipment, maintained and properly adjusted and to protect yourself (helmets, gloves, goggles, masks, etc.)
- Ski lift, remember to read the posted rules,
- Off-piste: do not leave without being informed (routes, hazards, etc.) or with a mountain professional as this can quickly become very dangerous,
- Pace yourself and ski at your level.
- All students must have their pass on them (even if it is free for children under 5 years) during the entire course and their lesson card. Without their pass, the student will be denied the chairlift and therefore can not take part in the lesson.
- For "beginners / Ourson," there is no pass for the first day (Sunday), the instructor will advise you on the kind of lift pass to take and when to take it to (no need for poles when beginning).
- Preparation for the Flocon competition, a lift pass for the Les Arcs area is sufficient.
- All the snow gear (to be adapted according to weather conditions)
- Skis, boots, helmet, sticks (from the 1st star level for Children)
- Sunglasses, masks, sunscreen (to be adapted according to weather conditions)
- For the youngest: little taste, handkerchiefs in their pockets, and mobile number of the adult to contact in case of need ....
- All snowboard equipment (to be adapted according to weather conditions)
- Snow boots, helmet, back protection...
- Sunglasses, Balaclava, Sun cream (DEPENDING ON weather conditions)
- For children: the mobile number of the adult to contact in case of need ....
For other disciplines:
- All the equipment needed for the particular discipline (to be adapted according to weather conditions)
- Helmet, sunglasses, balaclava, sun cream (depending on weather conditions)
- depending on discipline: wide skis, twin spatulas, etc.
- Off-Piste: safety equipment - avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe - is provided by the ESF Arc 1600
- Snowshoes: walking shoes (snowshoes & poles provided), backpack with drink and snacks ...